Many continuing education ethics programs are generic in nature. Many continuing education ethics programs stress risk management strategies to the detriment of the attendees, especially if an attorney presenter is involved.
This program is different. Rather than avoiding clinical issues, this program explores the manner by which clinical and ethical issues affect the everyday practice of the mental health professional in North Carolina. This unique blend of clinical and ethical concerns allows for a more meaningful understanding and interpretation of the rules that govern mental health practice.
These goals are reached through the experience and the interactive style of the presenter, Allan M. Tepper, J.D., Psy.D. Different from other individuals who possess joint degrees in psychology and law, Dr. Tepper actually maintains an active psychology practice and an active law practice. He functions as a clinician, and he represents mental health professionals who experience legal difficulties. In this regard, Dr. Tepper brings an extremely unique perspective to the practical understanding of ethics.
These goals also are reached through the manual utilized in the recording. The manual materials are not generic in nature. All of the written materials are state specific to North Carolina.
When interacting with an attorney, it sometimes is difficult to hear the words, “Trust me.” For this recording, however, we do say, “Trust us!!” We guarantee, you won’t walk away disappointed.
- Determine specific state and administrative laws that are pertinent to establishing and maintaining an ethical clinical practice.
- Develop policies on ethical issues such as restraints, seclusion and informed consent.
- Determine which notes, documents, reports, forms, and clinical data constitute an official medical record in the state of North Carolina.
- Evaluate your current record-keeping practices in order to ensure compliance with ethical and legal requirements in the state of North Carolina.
- Designate the treatment provider’s responsibilities relating to mental health issues and duty to warn law in North Carolina.
- Explore the legal and ethical considerations for the treatment of minor populations in North Carolina with regard to age of consent, confidentiality and custody concerns.
Understand the Legal System
- Rules and regulations
- Case law
- Finding the law
- Criminal liability
- Civil liability
- Licensing complaints
- Organization complaints
Establish the Treatment Relationship
- The professional relationship
- The legal and ethical principle of informed consent
- Informed consent as part of the treatment modality
- Use of and reliance upon written consent forms
- Record-keeping regulations
- Items which constitute the record, personal notes vs. charting, raw data, computer printouts and third-party records
- Access to records by written request, subpoenas and court orders
The Ethics of Duty to Warn
- Duty to warn potential third-party victims
- Review of specific North Carolina case law governing danger to others
- A clinical approach to the duty to protect
Treatment of Minors
- Age of majority
- Consent to treatment and access to records
- Clinical implications in the treatment of the older adolescent
- Treatment of minors in situations of family separation and divorce
Non-Sexual Boundary Violations
- Email correspondence and cell phone contacts
- Treatment vs. advocacy for patients
- Professional contacts with attorneys and the legal profession
- In-court expert testimony
More courses from the same author: Allan M. TepperShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses