Join trauma pioneer, bestselling author and international trainer, Babette Rothschild, for this workshop that will expand on the theory of trauma and tackle critical and key issues in recovering from trauma.
Babette will provide answers to these key questions in trauma therapy:
- Why is it that some clients improve from trauma therapy and some do not?
- In which combinations is success or failure inherent in the treatment modality, the therapeutic relationship, and the client’s resources?
- What is it that is going wrong when clients decompensate or drop out of treatment?
This workshop will provide you with an expanded mind and body based toolbox for increasing and maintaining stability and determining when or when not to proceed to memory processing. You will learn how to:
- Interpret and modulate the body’s nervous system (sensory and autonomic) to better regulate arousal levels in your clients and yourself.
- Adapt mindfulness, yoga, and physical exercise for easier access to clients with PTSD, anxiety, and panic.
- Strategies to help your clients reduce and stop flashbacks and constructively manage waking from nightmares.
- Utilize tools to protect yourself from vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue.
The theory, tools and techniques presented in this seminar are easily integrated across the widest range of treatment modalities including CBT, EMDR, Somatic Experiencing and more.
- Identify the central goals of trauma therapy
- Demonstrate how to become skilled in applying and adapting the phase-oriented structure, no matter which method you practice
- Explain how to prevent decompensation during trauma therapy
- Distinguish clients who will benefit from processing trauma memories from those who will not
- Maximize skills and options for helping clients who do not want to, or do not benefit from, remembering their past trauma/s
- Utilize tools to maintain your clients’ (and your!) clear thinking at all times
- Demonstrate how to teach clients to reduce and stop flashbacks
- Guide clients to manage nightmares
- Distinguish triggers from flashbacks
- Recognize and maximize the importance of attachment, support, and relationship for stabilizing and healing trauma
- Summarize how to become adept at helping all types of clients to achieve and maintain stability
- Identify hidden resources in your clients’ lives
- Recognize culture differences when working with your clients
- Describe how to improve your ability to identify and regulate hyperarousal in your client and yourself
- Explain the value of modulating pacing and reducing the size of steps to guarantee and build on success
- Integrate your tool box with mind and body oriented interventions for increasing stability and integrating traumatic memory
IMPERATIVE GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Major goals for trauma therapy
- Quality of life
- Professional obsolescence
- Importance of contact and support
IMPROVEMENT VS. DECOMPENSATION
- Why clients get worse
- Identifying what works vs. “the evidence base”
- Client and therapist curiosity
THE TERMINOLOGY OF TRAUMA
- DSM-5 ® update
- Stress, Trauma, Posttraumatic stress,
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Three phases
- Stabilization & safety
- Reviewing trauma memories
- Small, successful steps
- Loss of control in trauma
- Loss of control in the wake of trauma
- Regaining control
- Trauma types
- Role of attachment
- Who does not benefit from memory processing and why
- When story matters
FOCUS HEALING ON THE PRESENT
- Body awareness
- Recovery vs. resolution
- Cultural differences
THE TRAUMA COMPROMISED CORTEX
- Prioritize clear thinking
THE SENSORY NERVOUS SYSTEM AND DUAL AWARENESS
- Reconciling external and internal cues
SWEET SURVIVAL AND PERSONAL RESOURCES
- Contact and support
- Faith and nature
- Purposeful activity
OBSERVING AND REGULATING HYPERAROUSAL
- Structure of the autonomic nervous system
- From heightened alertness to flight, fight, and freeze
- Applying the brakes
- Relaxed vs. calm
AVOID THE WRONG ROAD
- Medical concerns vs. PTSD
- Current issues vs. past issues
- Importance of the client’s agenda
- Prevent “false memories”
BODY FOCUSED EXERCISES AND PRACTICES
- Body awareness
- Feet and grounding
- Exteroceptive resources
- Autonomic NS awareness
- Distance and boundary
- Center of gravity and balance
- Balance & strength training
- Preventing vicarious trauma & compassion fatigue
- Sit back!
- Empathy and mirror neurons
- Facial feedback
- Respiration synchrony
- Image control
More courses from the same author: Babette RothschildShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses