Clinical documentation is a professional standard of care, but there is little guidance about what to write or how to write it. Paperwork can seem disconnected from helping clients. It can create confusion and anxiety about possible violations of privacy and confidentiality, potentially traumatic audits, and even legal nightmares.
What are the criteria for a client needing services? How is medical necessity justified? How can the “golden thread” of documentation be created and maintained so that audits are passed and a professional standard of care is maintained even when insurance is not involved?
This recording can help answer these questions and more! Effective clinical documentation is not rocket science. It is a formula that, once learned, translates clinical thinking into clean documentation, so that writing notes and treatment plans can be done quickly and efficiently, getting authorizations is easy, and audits are not as threatening. In addition, confidentiality is not violated and continuity of care is practiced.
Choose mastery over misery and allow good clinical documentation to be a contribution to high quality clinical work rather than a detour away from it.
- Explain the importance of proper documentation in informing clinical decision-making.
- Evaluate the role of the clinical diagnosis in justifying medical necessity and providing more effective services to clients.
- Determine how to use the behavioral language required by insurance companies to facilitate delivery of services to clients.
- Explain how to document what really happens in a clinical session without violating privacy or confidentiality.
- Assess medical necessity by employing the “golden thread” for improved treatment outcomes.
- Identify potential red flags in documentation and the proper corrective measures for them
Why is Documentation the Topic Clinicians Love to Hate?
- How do you feel about documentation?
- Why is documentation so daunting?
- Why is documentation the topic clinicians love to hate?
- Why document?
- Definition of Medical Necessity
- What is “The Golden Thread” and how does it relate to medical necessity?
- What is the role of the diagnosis in justifying medical necessity?
How to Write a Treatment Plan
- Definition of a treatment plan
- Everything that’s needed in a treatment plan and why
- How to write a treatment plan that justifies medical necessity using behavioral language and the “golden thread” with examples
- Practice writing a treatment plan
How to Write a Session Note
- Definition of a session note and how it relates to the treatment plan
- Everything that’s needed in a session note and why
- How to write a session note that justifies medical necessity using behavioral language and the “golden thread” with examples
- Practice writing a session note
How to Write an Intake Summary
- Definition of an intake summary and how it relates to all other documentation
- Everything that’s needed in an intake summary and why
- How to write an intake summary that lays the ground for medical necessity
How to Write Case/Collateral Contact Notes
- Definition of a case/collateral contact note and how it relates to the treatment plan
- Everything that’s needed in a case/collateral contact note and why
- How to write a case/collateral Contact Note that justifies medical necessity using behavioral language and the “golden thread” with examples
How to Write a Discharge Summary
- Definition of a discharge summary and how it relates to the treatment plan
- Everything that’s needed in a discharge summary and why
- How to write a discharge summary that completes the “golden thread” with examples
More courses from the same author: Beth RontalShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses