Were you taught to use medication, CBT, exposure and other traditional therapy approaches to treat trauma? Did you know that these approaches can be limited when it comes to healing trauma at the deeper, emotional level of the brain?
Memory reconsolidation is a recent neuroscience breakthrough that revealed a new way to clear trauma at its roots by process of recalling and updating a memory.
During this recording, I’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions and techniques you can use in each phase of trauma treatment. This is the trauma training that specifically gives you skills in the phenomena of memory reconsolidation. Let me show you why memory reconsolidation is necessary for transforming your trauma work with clients. I will give you a simple protocol to use to reconsolidate a traumatic memory in as little as one session!
Don’t get the impression that you have to get lengthy, expensive training and certification in certain modalities in order to be able to successfully treat trauma. This recording will let you walk away knowing exactly what to do to help your clients reclaim their lives after trauma!
Courtney Armstrong, LPC, MHSP
- Summarize how a clients’ emotional trauma is processed in the brain as it relates to case conceptualization.
- Analyze why the use of clinical exposure techniques alone are not enough to relieve post-traumatic stress symptoms.
- Breakdown the three phases of trauma-informed treatment put to practical use in-session.
- Compile recent neuroscience discoveries regarding memory reconsolidation and its clinical implications for treating trauma.
- Characterize the five steps that several evidence-based trauma therapies have in common.
- Utilize two experiential techniques that can be used to resource, uplift, and empower clients to reduce feelings of shame and helplessness.
- Apply two interventions you can use to help clients reconnect to a healthy sense of self, relationships, and the world.
The Emotional Brain: A User-Friendly Guide
- Simple ways to understand the brain
- A healthy emotional brain & how it develops
- 7 primary emotional systems
- How trauma and disrupted attachment alter the brain
- 3 neuroscience breakthroughs that change how we treat trauma
- Resilience, connection and post-traumatic growth
The 3-Phase Model of Trauma- Informed Treatment
Interventions for Assessment, Safety and Stabilization
- 5 simple questions to assess for PTSD
- Beyond words: build trust and safety with right brain to right brain communication
- Help clients understand trauma responses
- Calm fear with mindfulness and imagery techniques
- Deal with dissociation: practical tools for grounding and orienting
- Shift shame and nurture self-compassion
- Defuse anger with play and humor
- Empower with movement and metaphor
Reprocessing Traumatic Memories: A Less Painful Approach
- Revise not relive: why exposure can retraumatize
- Memory reconsolidation: a mechanism for healing trauma
- 5 simple steps for reconsolidating a traumatic memory
- Create the future-self template and the brain’s blueprint for healing
- Neutralize negative beliefs with resourceful emotional states
- Facilitate corrective emotional experiences with powerful imagery, metaphor, music and movement techniques
Facilitating Post-Traumatic Growth
- The 3 qualities of post-traumatic growth
- Create a positive post-trauma identity
- Nurture a secure attachment system after trauma
- Find meaning and purpose after trauma
- Happiness and the power of intention
Applications for Special Populations
- Sexual trauma survivors
- Childhood abuse and neglect
- Traumatic grief after sudden or violent deaths
- Medical trauma, car accidents and disasters
- Military, police and first responders
- Children and adolescents after trauma
- Cultures and faith traditions
- Prevent burnout and vicarious trauma
More courses from the same author: Courtney ArmstrongShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses