Many clients feel intense shame, guilt and moral conflict over sexual interests that are considered ‘abnormal.” Sexual concerns can have a drastic impact on a person’s mood, thoughts and overall mental health. Clinicians who don’t address sexuality in therapy are missing a critical component that would help their clients live happier lives and have healthier relationships.
Improve your client’s overall mental health and life satisfaction by integrating sexual health interventions into your practice!
In this recording, Dr. David Ley, PhD, walks you through the navigation of some of the most complex sexual issues that you’ll face as a clinician. You’ll walk away with the skills you need to address all of the issues below in therapy – and more!
- Appropriately assess the healthiness of your clients’ sexual interests
- Guide clients as they explore their ambivalence regarding issues such as pornography, casual sex and nonmonogamy
- Confidently assist clients who are unsure of their sexual orientation
- Help clients who have become socially isolated because of shame and fear regarding their sexual interests
- Strategies to help teens who are being bullied or harassed because of sexting
Learn to effectively navigate issues of sexuality in your practice!
- Integrate clinical harm-reduction strategies in session in order to reduce the client risk associated with sexting.
- Utilize clinical interventions to resolve moral and religious conflicts about pornography use in clients to improve clinical outcomes.
- Develop an increase in clients’ sexual integrity and self-control through shame-reduction treatment interventions.
- Distinguish between healthy sexual diversity and sexual symptoms of emotional disturbance related to PTSDS, anxiety, depression and personality disorders.
- Apply a nonjudgmental diagnostic framework toward a client’s sexual interests and behaviors.
- Implement techniques for helping clients and their families understand and contextualize their sexuality in order to reduce sexuality-related fear and shame.
Assessment of Sexual Health Issues
- The impact of the Internet on sexuality
- Sexuality’s impact on presenting issues
- Self-assessment strategies for clinician bias
- Treat sex like a behavior – not a disease
- Allow the client to explore ambivalence
- Is sex a cause or symptom?
- Holistic perspective to evaluating sexuality
- Principle-based model of sexual health
- Assessment tool: Sexual sensation seeking scale
- Sex addiction
- Limitations of research & potential risks
Sexting: Assist Teens & Adults with the Safe Use of Technology
- Sex, technology & changing social values
- Legal ramifications of teen sexting
- Sexting’s impact on body image
- Mitigate effects of bullying, harassment & exploitation
- Educate teens about safety & responsibility
- Help teens choose a “cyber buddy”
- Harm-reduction strategies for sexting
- Case Studies: Teen sexting & adult sexting
Pornography: Help Clients Achieve Healthy Use of Pornography
- Resolve moral/religious conflicts about porn use
- Assess ideals of sexual property within relationships
- Assist couples in negotiating boundaries around pornography use
- Minimize attention & focus on problems
- Help clients take proactive steps to make values-consistent decisions easier
- Strategies for healthy porn use
- Case Studies: Healthy & unhealthy porn use
Casual Sex: Strategies to Help Clients Balance Values & Sexual Activity
- Casual sex & its implications for depression
- Shame, stigma & female sexuality
- Help clients evaluate their values
- Determine the benefits of casual sex for the client
- Help clients determine if casual sex is right for them
- Shame reduction strategies
- Case Studies: Casual sex, shame & values
Consensual Nonmonogamy: Navigate the Complexities of Non-Traditional Relationships
- Types of open relationships
- The impact of nonmonogamy on families, children & mental health
Issues to Address in Therapy
- Is nonmonogamy right for the relationship?
- Create boundaries
- Time sharing
- Jealousy triggers
- Case Studies: Stressors on non-monogamous relationships; polyamorous and swinging relationships
Sexual Orientations: Confidently Address Sexual Issues of Unique Clinical Populations
- Gender vs sexuality
- The blurring line between heterosexuality & homosexuality
- How is orientation determined?
- What does the term mean to your client?
- Understand the function of the term for the client
- Assist clients with understanding orientation as part of their healthy sexuality
- Support transgender kids & teens in therapy
- Case Studies: Transgender teens; sexual fluidity
BDSM & Kink: Nonjudgmentally Discuss Personal Sexual Issues with Clients
- Paraphilic disorders vs paraphilia
- Common misconceptions
- Ask, “What does BDSM/Kink mean to you?”
- Separate trauma from BDSM in therapy
- Address unwanted fantasies & fetishes
- Educate clients about healthy sexuality
- Help clients negotiate boundaries & consent
- Case Studies: What’s the real problem here?
More courses from the same author: David LeyShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses