Your client just revealed that she’s having suicidal thoughts…what do you do?
Does she have a gun? Has she written letters? Picked a location? Does she have hope something will change and doesn’t want to hurt family and friends?
Helping clients confront the darkness of suicide and self-harming behaviors is difficult for even the most seasoned therapists. But when you know how to help clients discover the sources of their pain and provide them with healthy options for solving and managing the struggles in their lives, you can offer them the key to hope.
In this groundbreaking new course, nationally known suicide prevention author and speaker Jack Klott, MSSA, LCSW, CSWW, shares expert clinical insight from his 45-year career as a suicidologist and counselor, and bring to life ideas, theories and core concepts that you can immediately use to help your clients manage their emotional pain and behaviors.
You’ll learn the reasons why clients self-harm or attempt suicide and the neurobiological basis of suicide, effective assessment strategies to identify the major warning signs of a pending suicide that could save your client’s life — and increase your confidence and effectiveness in treating clients without the fear of liability.
Offer hope for the hurting…get started today.
Treatment Essentials for Helping Clients Confront Devastating Emotional Pain
Asking your client, “where do you hurt?” often reveals the focus of the suicidal intent or the purpose of self-harm behaviors. As a clinician, it’s important to remember that even though you view suicide and self-harm behaviors as dysfunctional and maladaptive, your client views them as purpose-driven means of eliminating or managing unbearable levels of pain. For your client, these behaviors are beneficial, attractive, and helpful.
In this online course, you’ll learn how to develop an empathic view of your client’s behaviors, so you can help them discover the sources of their emotional pain and provide them with healthy, less harmful options for solving and managing their struggles to transform their outcomes.
Through engaging conversation and case studies, you will learn to:
- Implement a risk assessment strategy to help determine which clients present the highest risk for suicide and self-harm.
- Differentiate self-mutilation from suicide attempts and accurately identify when self-mutilation is a warning sign for potential suicide completion.
- Recognize the profound danger of engaging in suicide “contracts” and communicate their impact on clients, clinicians, and clinical vigilance.
- Determine the goals and purpose behind self-injuring behaviors and apply clinical strategies to help clients manage triggering situations without engaging in self-harm.
- Intervene in crisis situations and develop a strategy for determining when and how to hospitalize clients.
- Consider the role of addictions in the suicidal and self-mutilating population, and employ a multi-faceted therapeutic approach that ensures client safety while treating the addiction.
- Overcome the “fear of litigation” that can severely detract from your ability to help the suicidal population.
- Would you like to receive Jack Klott & Janina Fisher – Suicide & Self-Harm, Stopping the Pain?
More courses from the same author: Jack Klott & Janina FisherShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses