Do you want to gain powerful techniques for your clients who struggle with treatment resistant anxiety, worry and panic? Learn how to assess anxious habits, symptoms and behaviors using effective cutting-edge, evidence-based strategies…even with your toughest clients!
Dr. Jennifer Abel will teach you how to stop the anxiety spiral early to significantly reduce the habit of worry and panic using self-controlled desensitization. Experience how evidence-based treatments can help your clients problem solve, reduce tension, and increase energy.
Learn unique, effective approaches to mindfulness, cognitive therapy, and exposure, including thought-labeling, interoceptive exposure, and better-but believable thoughts. Case studies, role plays, demonstrations and interactive discussions will be utilized in this cutting-edge seminar.
- Articulate components of the “anxiety spiral” and utilize several evidence-based strategies (including self-controlled desensitization) to prevent exacerbation of symptoms.
- Specify five potential anxiety treatment pitfalls and learn evidence-based approaches to avoid or correct them.
- Implement four mindfulness strategies for treating anxiety symptoms in a clinical setting.
- Evaluate the inverse relationship between worry and problem solving, and identify its implications for treatment of anxiety.
- Examine the clinical presentation of panic, worry and fear of guilt and how they compare to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; learn clinical strategies to stop these cycles of negative reinforcement.
- Develop clinical skills to address treatment-resistant issues, including perfectionism, subjugation, procrastination, hypochondriasis, and catastrophizing/intolerance of uncertainty.
Anxiety Spirals, Panic and Early Cue Detection
- Examples of Worry Spirals and Panic Spirals
- The Empirical Evidence
- 3 Benefits of Catching Anxiety Early
- Reminders for Catching Anxiety Early
- Move Toward Relaxation vs. Away From Anxiety
- Process vs. Command
- Present Focus – Mindfulness as a Relaxation Tool
- Observation of Thoughts and Emotion
- Labeling of Thoughts and Emotions
- Observation and Labeling Game
Self-Controlled Desensitization (SCD)
- Rationale for SCD
- Formal SCD
- In-Session SCD
- Active Relaxation
- An Alternative Way to Do Cognitive Therapy – B3s
- Find Alternative Thoughts
- The Role of “Shoulds” and “Need To’s”
- Change to “Want To’s”
- The Humor of Worry
- Deal with Superstitious Worry
- Limitations of Research and CBT Interventions
- Worry Prevents Problem Solving-Evidence
- 4 Ways to Do Problem Solving
OCD-Like Symptoms in Panic and Worry
- Dangers of a Poor Assessment
- Stop Encouraging Avoidance and Escape
- Assess for Negative Reinforcement
- Remove Crutches
- Traditional Exposure
- Interoceptive Exposure for Panic
- Finding and Flooding “The Real Worry”
- Risks Associated with Treatment of Panic
- Related Research Limitations
Reduce Tension and Increase Energy
- Progressive-Muscle Relaxation
- Quick Alternatives to PMR
- Energy Conservation
Problems That are Often Treatment Resistant and How to Approach Them
- Hypochondriasis and Fear of Untimely Death
- Catastrophizing/Intolerance of Uncertainty
More courses from the same author: Jennifer L. AbelShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses