- Do you teach Progressive Muscle Relaxation to your clients?
- Do you take at least 45 minutes to teach these techniques?
If you answered “no” to either of these questions, join international speaker and clinical psychologist Jennifer L. Abel, Ph.D., for 90 minutes and put the power of Progressive Muscle Relaxation to work for you!
Dr. Jennifer L. Abel will teach you strategies to maximize the effectiveness of progressive relaxation gained from over 20 years’ experience perfecting the craft. Jennifer began her work on these techniques as the associate director of SADI (Stress and Anxiety Disorders Institute) under the direction of T.D. Borkovec – a co-author of Progressive Relaxation Training: A Manual for the Helping Professions. Dr. Abel built upon this work; adding popular elements of muscle relaxation of her own design including sponge imagery and the Tin-Man to Scarecrow technique.
- Individualize progressive relaxation to your client by using alternative tensing strategies, carefully debriefing, and applying this knowledge to subsequent phases.
- Create a more effective pattern by learning words and phrases to include and avoid.
- Reduce clients’ adaptation levels, proven to have a positive effect on headaches, blood pressure, insomnia, fatigue, sexual satisfaction, and chronic pain.
- Employ 5 stages of progressive relaxation, Socratic reminders, sponge imagery, and the Tin-Man to Scarecrow technique.
Background on PMR
- History of PMR
- Lowering adaptation level – the key mechanism
- Benefits of PMR
The First Session:
- Explaining history, benefits, and rationale of lowering adaptation level to the client
- Three reasons we tense despite the fact that the goal is relaxation.
- How to teach the 16 muscle groups and other important pre-training info.
- 12 tips to maximize the effectiveness of relaxation patter.
- 10 tips on the importance of debriefing.
Beyond 16 muscle groups:
- Differential Relaxation – The key to PMR benefits.
- Tailor PMR to each client, maximizing effectiveness.
- 7 muscle group, then 4 muscle group
- Recall – deep relaxation without tensing
- Tin-Man to scarecrow
- Sponge imagery
- Socratic reminders to reduce tension and maximize energy
More courses from the same author: Jennifer L. AbelShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses