Athletes are inundated with nutrition information from various, and often unreliable, sources daily. This recording will equip you with practical and reliable information for providing appropriate nutritional guidance, as well as evidence-based strategies for properly developing muscle, reducing fat mass, and improving recovery time.
In this recording, Jon Vredenburg, a registered dietitian with more than 20 years’ experience working with professional athletes and active individuals, shares his knowledge of sports nutrition to help your clients attain their goals. You will sort fact from fiction as it relates to performance nutrition by reviewing the latest evidence regarding meal planning and dietary supplementation. Real-life case studies will be reviewed throughout the recording so you can understand on the same day how evidence-based guidelines are put into practice – includes information on special populations, such as vegetarians, gluten-free dieters, and diabetics. In addition, you walk away with a wide range of field-tested meal-planning strategies to help bridge any nutrition-related performance gaps that your clients may be experiencing. Get the knowledge you need to help your clients feed for power and speed!
- Determine energy and nutrient requirements for athletes using the latest evidence
- Outline nutrition strategies for building muscle and reducing fat mass
- Formulate sport-specific meal planning approaches for all ages
- Outline key nutrients for injury recovery and rehabilitation
- Develop hydration guidelines for athletes and active adults
- Summarize the latest scientific evidence as it relates to the use of ergogenic aids
- Examine common sports nutrition practices in collegiate and professional settings
- Implement engaging nutrition education messages to support training
- Review sports nutrition concerns for special populations, including children, older adults, persons with diabetes, vegetarians, and those with gluten-sensitivity
SPORTS NUTRITION OVERVIEW
- Macronutrient metabolism during physical activity: how food turns into fuel
- Assessing nutritional status in athletes
- How nutrition optimizes training adaptations
- Redefining ‘healthy eating’ for athletes
FEED FOR SPEED AND POWER
- Methods used to estimate calorie needs
- Understanding the latest research on carbs and protein
- A review of the macronutrient requirements for athletes:
- power sports
- endurance sports
- high-intensity sports
- Vitamins and minerals – analyzing the evidence on athletes’ requirements
- Fluid and electrolyte balance during physical activity
- Developing appropriate protocols for health and performance
- Managing hydration in extreme conditions
- Sports drinks vs. water – how to decide which one to use
BUILDING MUSCLE WITH YOUR FORK
- Body composition analysis methods and interpretation
- Nutritional strategies for muscle development and body fat reduction
- Is there an ‘ideal’ protein for building muscle?
MENU PLANNING: MAKING INFORMED CHOICES
- What to eat for fueling productive workouts
- Recovery nutrition guidelines
- Is there really a ‘window’?
- Practical meal-planning hints and strategies
- The role of nutrition in injury recovery
- Sport-specific evidence-based guidelines:
- Including: baseball, basketball, football, running, soccer, and more
- Eating well when away from home
DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS: THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY
- An inside look at the industry
- How to interpret available research and make an informed decision
- Online resources for dietary supplement evaluation
- How to decode a supplement label
- Overview of popular sports nutrition supplements and review of the evidence:
- Muscle building supplements
- Endurance enhancing supplements
- Weight management supplements
INTERVIEWS WITH THE EXPERTS: WHAT THEY’VE SEEN WORK
- Mindy Black, MS,RD,CSSD,CPT,
- Team Dietitian, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Alicia Kendig, MS,RD,CSSD, Sport Dietitian, United States Olympic Committee
- Katy Meassick, MA,RD,CSSD,LD/N,ATC, Team Dietitian, Cleveland Browns
- Michele Macedonio, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, Team Dietitian, Cincinnati Reds
PLANNING FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- Additional nutrition considerations for working with the following groups:
- Persons with diabetes
- Older adults
- Recognizing the warning signs for eating disorders
- Working with coaches and support staff to improve nutrition habits
- Athlete-tested and Dietitian-approved recipes
- Dining-out guide for the calorie-conscious
- Meal planning resources and shopping lists
- Sports nutrition education methods and strategies
- How to identify properly credentialed sports nutrition practitioners
CASE STUDIES: PUTTING THE GUIDELINES TO WORK
- High school football player that wants to ‘bulk up’
- College soccer player dealing with body image issues
- Endurance athlete that has ‘hit the wall’
- Basketball team manager needing meal guidance for the road
- Professional football player navigating the dietary supplement aisle
More courses from the same author: Jon VredenburgShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses