What you’ll learn
- Understand what cognitive biases are and why they’re so important for critical thinking.
- Understand the concept of “mindware” as a component of improving critical thinking and reasoning.
- Understand how ignoring cognitive biases can open the door to disastrous decisions, reduced performance and social injustice.
- Understand why many businesses and industries are offering cognitive bias training to their managers and employees.
- Be able to describe several important cognitive biases — such as confirmation bias, pattern-seeking, anchoring, and hindsight bias — and give examples that illustrate how they operate.
- Understand what “debiasing” is, and be able to describe several effective strategies for reducing the harmful effects of cognitive biases.
- Explain why many businesses and organizations resist implementing debiasing strategies.
- Students do not need any special background to benefit from this course. Just a willingness to think, learn and discuss!
Critical thinking is one of the most important skills anyone can learn. Let philosopher Kevin deLaplante introduce you to the cutting edge of critical thinking education, with this entertaining and enlightening introduction to cognitive biases and their importance for critical thinking.
Interest in Cognitive Bias Training Has Exploded
Books and articles on the impact of cognitive biases in business, finance, management, teaching, science, politics, and many other fields, have exploded in popularity in recent years. Many industries have started offering cognitive bias training to management and workers, and the trend is growing.
Benefits of Understanding and Mastering Cognitive Biases
Cognitive biases undermine critical thinking by making us vulnerable to faulty beliefs and bad decisions. Cognitive bias training is motivated by a desire to avoid disasters, improve performance, and promote social justice.
The good news is that there are proven strategies for neutralizing or minimizing the negative effects of cognitive biases. These “debiasing” techniques can be surprisingly simple and effective.
What You Will Learn in This Course
This course will get you up to speed on what cognitive biases are, why they’re important for critical thinking, why cognitive bias training has become popular, and what sorts of “debiasing” techniques have been shown to be effective in improving the quality of thinking and decision-making.
Check out the free preview videos in the “Getting Started” section for a full breakdown of the topics covered in the course, and how the course is organized!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in improving their critical thinking skills.
- Anyone who wants to learn about what psychology has taught us about human judgment and decision-making over the past forty years.
- Anyone working in business or other organizations who wants to improve the quality of thinking and decision-making in their organization.
More courses from the same author: Kevin deLaplanteShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses