Are you consciously monitoring your client’s facial features and vocal intonation during sessions?
If not, you may be missing important therapeutic opportunities…
Since its introduction by Dr. Stephen Porges over two decades ago, the Polyvagal Theory and the Social Engagement System have provided a sophisticated understanding of the neurophysiology of emotions, trauma, attachment and self-regulation.
In this powerful online course, Dr. Porges bridges science and clinical practice to show you how the principles of the Polyvagal Theory and features of the Social Engagement System apply in the clinical setting.
You’ll learn proven strategies and effective interventions that build client safety and connectedness to mediate symptoms of trauma, PTSD, depression, autism, ADD and other mental health disorders.
Revolutionize your treatment approach and lead your clients down the path of health, growth and restoration — enroll today!
Are the trauma, attachment and self-regulation interventions you’re using based on an outdated understanding of the neurophysiology?
Is your treatment model rooted in an understanding of client arousal based on traditional measures without incorporating concepts from the Polyvagal Theory?
During therapy sessions, are you aware that you and your client are responding to each other’s physiological states?
Are your interactions with your clients missing an understanding of how mental processes influence physiology and how physiology influences cognitive, emotional, and social behavior?
The Polyvagal Theory
- Principles and features of the Polyvagal Theory, and how to apply it in a clinical setting
- How the Polyvagal Theory can demystify several features related to stress-related illnesses and psychiatric disorders such as PTSD, autism, depression, and anxiety
- How the Social Engagement System is compromised by stress and trauma and how to reset it
- Evolutionary changes and adaptive functions in the autonomic nervous system
- Humans’ response hierarchy to challenges
Three neural platforms that provide the neurophysiological bases for social engagement, fight/flight, and shutdown behaviors
- Social Engagement System and Psychiatric and Behavioral Disorders
- The “face-heart” connection that forms a functional social engagement system
How our facial expressions, vocalizations, and gestures are regulated by neural mechanisms that are involved in regulating our autonomic nervous system
- Neuroception: Detecting and Evaluating Risk
- How our social and physical environment triggers changes in physiological state
- Understanding how adaptive physiological reactions may result in maladaptive behaviors
- Immobilization without fear
- Play as a neural exercise and listening as a neural exercise
- Fight/flight and immobilization defense strategies
- Adaptive function of immobilization and the associated clinical difficulties
How the stresses and challenges of life distort social awareness and displace spontaneous social engagement behaviors with defensive reactions
- Applying the Polyvagal Theory in Clinical Settings
- Understanding auditory hypersensitivities
- State regulation as a core feature of psychiatric disorders
- Deconstructing features of autism and PTSD
- Strategies to explain disruption and repair of symbiotic regulation
- Identifying social cues that disrupt or repair defensive reaction
Learning that Fits YOUR Schedule:
Over 7 hours of online video training on the Polyvagal Theory with the creator, Dr. Stephen Porges.
Online message boards to collaborate with other professionals also taking the course.
Earn up to 7.25 CE Hours — included in the price. and approval details specific to your profession.
Access to all materials online forever, and you can download all videos and materials to keep forever. Plus, use the CE21 Mobile™ app to access the course content on-the-go, wherever and whenever you want on your mobile devices.
More courses from the same author: Linda Curran & Stephen PorgesShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses