Marilyn Verbiscer – Healing from the Trauma of Infidelity: Help Clients Rebuild Trust and Find Forgiveness After an Affair
- Help your clients recover from an affair whether they are healing with their partner or alone
- Infidelity affects approximately 50% of committed relationships…and you need to be prepared to work with these clients
- Innovative in-session strategies and take home assignments for couples
- Be more confident treating high conflict couples
Are you uncomfortable working with couples whose lives have been shattered by infidelity?
I’m sure you are because they ARE some of the most difficult and intimidating clients to work with as they bring so much trauma and conflict to the therapy room. But it doesn’t have to be this way for you…
This workshop will help you expand your therapeutic tool box with practical and clinically relevant in-session interventions to more effectively work with couples or an individual after an affair. You will also be provided with proven, unique, creative and fun homework assignments for your clients who are healing from the trauma of infidelity.
You will leave this workshop with more confidence and a solid treatment plan for helping your clients recover from an affair whether they are healing with their partner or alone.
- Analyze the 6 difference types of infidelities and how they affect treatment differently.
- Determine why and how relationships become vulnerable to infidelity.
- Evaluate the trauma of the discovery and its impact on treatment.
- Incorporate strategies for helping your clients rebuild trust.
- Communicate the importance to couples for creating meaning and understanding of the affair.
- Develop your skills to guide your clients through the process of fostering forgiveness.
- Explore the different treatment techniques for clients who are left to heal alone.
Types of Infidelity and Their Impact of Treatment
- Physical Affair
- Emotional Affair
- Physical-Emotional Affair
- Atypical Infidelity, Complex Affairs and
- Split-Self Infidelity
Gender, Vulnerabilities and Opportunities
- Genetic Predispositions
- Warning Signs
- Once a Cheater, Always a Cheater?
- Opportunity in the Work Place, with
- Previous Partners and on the Internet
- Why and How it Happens
Rebuilding Trust Phase of Infidelity Treatment
- Trauma of the Revelation
- Oral History Interview and No Secrets Contract
- Assessing Trauma and PTSD Symptomology and Teaching Self-Soothing
- The Hallmarks of Salvageability
- Trigger Warnings
- High and Low Cost Trust Building Behaviors
Create Understanding and Meaning Phase of Therapy
- Why You Strayed…and Why You Stayed
- The Slippery Slope and Walls v Windows
- 4 Factors That Set the Context
- Create the List of Changes
- The Miracle Question
Fostering Forgiveness Phase of Treatment
- The Formal Apology Session
- What Forgiveness Is, What It Isn’t and the Potential Payoffs.
- The Choice and Repercussions of Not Forgiving
- Self-Forgiveness, Cheap Forgiveness and Genuine Forgiveness
- The Mistaken Assumptions and
- Maladaptive Personal Beliefs about Forgiveness
Recommitment Phase of Healing
- Building Rituals of Connection
- Reclaiming Places, People and Events
- Tarnished By the Affair
- Celebration to Signify Mutual Recommitment
- Vision of Marriage
- Reversing Walls v Windows
- Building Other Protective Factors
Healing Alone Is Better Than Not At All
- Individual Change is Relationship Change
- Even When the Partner Isn’t In Therapy
- Grieving the Loss When the Partner
- Divorces or Dies
- Trusting Again
- Healthy Social Networks, Support Groups and Seminars/Retreats
- Begin a New Life
More courses from the same author: Marilyn VerbiscerShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses