Do you work with children of high-conflict families who are caught in the middle of toxic and never ending parental conflict? These children are torn between both parents and forced to lie or take sides—afraid to love one parent while in the presence of the other. They suffer from fear of abandonment, low self-esteem, self-hatred, and lack of trust. And, they are resentful, depressed, anxious, and angry. Their oppositional behaviors get them into serious trouble, landing them in the juvenile court system. If you are frustrated because your strategies do little to improve your client’s mental and emotional health—look no further!
Join high-conflict family expert Monica Johns, LPC, NCC, and learn concrete family-based strategies that have a positive and immediate impact on these children, including such as:
- Integrating client-centered techniques including Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Therapy and Emotional-Focused Therapy into therapy
- Tools to assess parental alienation behaviors and Hostile Aggressive Parenting
- Techniques that guide co-parents to move past their toxic hostility, anger, revenge, manipulation, resentment
- Activities to teach families non-hostile communication, conflict resolution and relationship-building skills
- Methods to detect and navigate parental and child manipulation and agendas
- Activities that teach children self-care, resiliency and coping strategies
- Steps to becoming a successful court-appointed therapist
After this recording, you will be able to evaluate these high conflict families, assess their needs, make recommendations, and educate other professionals on the damage of this never ending conflict. Your new skills will open the door to a new, healthier family structure and improve your clinical success rate!
- Illustrate the psychology of a high-conflict family and how they attempt to manipulate others.
- Identify Hostile Aggressive Parenting and parental alienation behaviors.
- Demonstrate techniques to motivate and challenge co-parents in making child-focused decisions.
- Construct a safe environment giving children permission to love both parents.
- Employ effective strategies to navigate and defuse family grief, anger, revenge and conflict addiction.
- State the ethical necessity to reduce high conflict for the emotional and mental health of the children.
- Design and inspire a supportive, family-friendly team of professionals.
Illustration of a High Conflict Family (HCF)
- Long-term impact on children’s mental and emotional health
- Hostile Aggressive Parenting (HAP)
- Parental alienation behaviors
- Parental personality disorders
- Alienation vs. estrangement vs. justified resistance
Assessment Tools to Measure
- Strength of the perceived alliance between parents
- Parents’ ability to cooperate and negotiate with each other
- Willingness vs. ability
Techniques and Strategies to:
- Confront family anger, revenge, fear, conflict addiction, grief and embarrassment
- Detect and navigate parental and/or child manipulation and agendas
- Explore and challenge a child’s resistance to parental contact
- Educate parents and child the effects of high-conflict families
- Diffuse parental conflict while teaching them to remain child-focused
- Challenge co-parents to make child-focused decisions
- Overcome strong alliance and internalized false beliefs
- Manage parental personality disorders
- Teach coping, self-care and resiliency skills
- Develop non-hostile communication and conflict resolution skills
- Promote healthy co-parenting skills and relationship-building skills
- Eye opening family strategies
Alternative Dispute Resolution as an Intervention
- Parent Coordinator
- Co-parent counselor
- Parenting plans
- Collaborate with attorneys, schools, social services, guardian ad litems
Family System Approach: A Step-by-Step Process on How To:
- Conduct a home visit
- Clean up the boundaries
- Establish the rules
- Create safe place
- Manage family meetings
- Access needed support systems
- Emotional abuse and neglect
- Reporting/involving Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Ethical violations
- Dual relationships and impartiality
- Impact of ongoing custody litigation on treatment
More courses from the same author: Monica JohnsShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses