This intensive training you’ll get tools and strategies to better treat and heal trauma that exists within the family. Learn how to improve the lives of children, adolescents and their caregivers by increasing quality of stability and connection that is shared between family members — before it’s too late.
Dr. Robert Rhoton will show you how the treatment of children and adolescents is enhanced by approaching treatment from a family based perspective. He will teach a process for stabilizing families to improve outcomes of trauma focused treatment. You will be able to help reduce the shame, guilt and judgement that are a result of the trauma and stress that are active within families.
Leave this training with greater confidence in treating trauma in children and adolescents, as well as, reduce the impact of that trauma on their family or caregivers.
Learn how to capture the resources of a family to improve care and create greater safety and stability for the family. This approach has the ability to not only improve the life of a child, but change the dynamic of an entire family for the better. Come and learn how to deeply impact children and adolescents through family engagement and treatment for trauma.
In addition, completion of this two-day training meets the educational requirements when applying to become a Certified Family Trauma Professional.
- Utilize the physiology of the body as a means to explain dysfunction and traumatic family patterns to improve clinical outcomes.
- Utilize clinical strategies to incorporate treatment that reduces the impact of Trauma genesis in families.
- Explain the clinical implications of the theory that from a family prospective, trauma is more about Trauma genesis than focused on specific events.
- Identify the parts of the brain and nervous system that create trauma and change family dynamics and relate this to case conceptualization.
- Utilize clinical strategies to reduce the feelings of shame, guilt and judgement in clients.
- Correlate the findings of the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACEs) to the lifelong impact on people and families for the purpose of client psychoeducation.
- Explain the process by which trauma is created and maintained in families and it’s clinical implications.
- Explain how the process of adaption and change creates problematic behaviors and dysfunctional family dynamics, and how the process of adaptation informs the clinician’s choice of treatment interventions.
- List the stages of safety building as related to clinical treatment.
- Put into clinical practice the International Association of Trauma Professionals trauma treatment structure.
- Assess family dynamics from a Trauma geneic prospective and how these dynamics inform clinical treatment options.
- Apply the primary models of family-based treatment for trauma in a clinical setting.
Trauma: The Creator of Adaptive and Maladaptive Behavior Trauma genesis
- Neurobiology/physiology and the creation of adaptive responses
- Adaptive responses and reason, planning or intentionality
- Environmental activators of the threat response system
How Trauma is Created and Maintained in Families
- Adaptive and maladaptive behaviors
- Patterns become family culture
- Family culture becomes a transfer agent between generations
The Impact of Trauma on Family Culture
- Patterns and genetics
- How beliefs and personally relevant truths are established
- Family homeostasis based on trauma and the resultant behaviors
Assessing Family Trauma
- Trauma genic assessment process
- The 7 domains of assessment for families
- Family Strengths and Needs and Trauma Assessment FANS-T
Stabilizing Families for Treatment
- Reactive adaptation to help families feel safe in therapy
- Normalize the reactions that operate in the family
- Build hope through compassion and respect
- Engage families in the process of treatment
Treatment from a Family-Based Prospective
- Benefits of treating families over children for trauma
- Neurobiological sound approach to treatment
Essentials for Family-Based Trauma Treatment
- Manage self and keep out of the threat response system
- Calm parties by educating them on the treatment process
- Focus on function over behaviors
- Deal with shame, guilt and judgment
IATP Treatment Structure for Families
- Active ingredients applied to family treatment
- Relationship building: Safety and predictability in treatment
- Self-regulation skill building
- Growth and resilience in families
Models of Treatment for Families
- Fig ley’s family trauma treatment
- ARC – Attachment, Regulation and Competency
- CPP – Child and Parent Psychotherapy
- Brier and Lang tree’s Self-trauma treatment structure
- Relationship enhancement play therapies
Resolution of Trauma within Families
- Put families on the pathway to growth and resilience
- Activities to help families prepare for intervention
- Examine family culture for activators
- Create a shared language around common elements
More courses from the same author: Robert RhotonShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses