Terry Real – 2-Day: Couples Experiential: Live Clinical Demonstrations with Real Couples featuring Terry Real
Description of 2-Day: Couples Experiential: Live Clinical Demonstrations with Real Couples featuring Terry Real
World-renowned couple’s therapist, Terry Real, worked live and intensively for two days with a group of five couples who are at the brink of giving up. Follow along with Terry in this recording as he gets down to the most intimate issues. His work with the couples is deep, highly emotional, incisive, and often life-changing.
Using techniques drawn from the approach he created, Relational Life Therapy (RLT), each couple is led, with extraordinary quickness and precision, to their ‘next step‘ toward unlocking their fullest potential. RLT leverages the concept of “relational living” to help people address relational and psychological health in relationships.
This model has helped thousands of therapists get faster and more effective results for their clients.
It can be quite detrimental to let therapy drag on. RLT allows you to go deep, understand quickly the negative patterns in the relationship, and help clients make quick and substantive changes.
Are you ready to take your couples therapy to an entirely new level?
How it Works:
Each couple will introduce themselves, name their issues and identify their goals or wishes for the two-day treatment. Terry will work with each couple, talking through their issues, articulating where the couple is stuck and where this relationship road block comes from.
Watch and learn how Terry performs initial data gathering leading to a rich, precise, and relational diagnosis and gains leverage by empowering a disempowered partner. Terry will demonstrate powerful, life-changing strategies to help the couple move forward, delve into deep trauma work, and actively teach new relational skills.
Toward the end of each day of the recording, the couples are excused and you will be able to watch an in-depth debrief with Terry from what you just witnessed, and hear audience questions, observations, and feelings.
What you will learn in 2-Day: Couples Experiential: Live Clinical Demonstrations with Real Couples featuring Terry Real
- Articulate how to move past “he said/she said” to a nuanced and comprehensive relational diagnosis.
- Construct how to empower the enabling partner in couples where there’s a power differential.
- Detect how gender issues impact the couple.
- Develop strategies to gain and use leverage, motivating each partner to move beyond his or her comfort zone.
- Assess and deal with “preconditions for change,” such as addiction, untreated psychiatric disorders, and violent or sexual acting out.
- Devise how to help both partners deal with infidelity, moving beyond the conventional victim/perpetrator model.
- Plan how to handle the issue of secrets in couples therapy.
- Develop anger management strategies for minimizing rage within couples therapy.
- Collaborate how to join the couple through the truth, forming an alliance with difficult clients using the art empathic confrontation.
- Use techniques to move from the present difficulty to early childhood experience.
- Take part of how to introduce and perform deep trauma work in the couple’s context.
- Communicate how to introduce and teach new relational skills to couples like empathy, vulnerability, and accountability.
- Assess the Relationship
- Strategies for data gathering
- Diagnose the presenting problem
- Each partner’s reality
- Use Leverage in Therapy
- Strategies to gain leverage
- Strategies to use leverage
- Motivate each partner to go beyond comfort zone
- Power and Control within the Couple
- Assess for power differential
- Empower the enabling partner
- Gender issues and their impact
- Strategies to Assess and Treat Obstacles
- Preconditions for change
- Untreated psychiatric disorders
- Violence/sexual abuse
- Infidelity, Secrets & Lost Passion
- Strategies for each person to move on from infidelity
- Go beyond the perpetrator/victim model
- Skills to deal with secrets in the relationship
- Reinvigorate passion into the relationship
- Strategies to Move Couples Forward
- Make their realities collide
- Use the relational grid
- Empower the latent
- Reconnect the blatant
- Minimize rage
- Gain leverage
- Join through the truth
- Effective treatment through play and imagination
- Deep Trauma Work and Healing in Couples
- Family of origin resonance & multigenerational legacies
- Heal inner child parts
- Tri-part system of the psych: functional adult, wounded child, and adaptive child
- Empower functional adult to re-parent the wounded and adapted child parts
- Teach Relational Skills
About Terry Real
Terry Real, LI
Consultation and TherapyPrivate Practice
LICSW, is an Internationally Recognized Family Therapist, Speaker and Author. Terry founded the Relational Life Institute (RLI), offering workshops for couples, individuals and parents around the country along with a professional training program for clinicians wanting to learn his RLT (Relational Life Therapy) methodology.
A family therapist and teacher for more than 25 years, Terry is the best-selling author of I Don’t Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression (Scribner), the straight-talking How Can I Get Through to You? Reconnecting Men and Women (Scribner), and most recently The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Make Love Work (Random House). Terry knows h
ow to lead couples on a step-by-step journey to greater intimacy — and greater personal fulfillment.
A senior faculty member of the Family Institute of Cambridge in Massachusetts and a retired Clinical Fellow of the Meadows Institute in Arizona, Terry has worked with thousands of individuals, couples, and f
ellow therapists. Through his books, the Institute, and workshops around the country, Terry helps women and men, parents and non-parents, to help them create the connection they desire in their relationships.
Terry’s work, with its rigorous commonsense approach, speaks to both men and women. His ideas on men’s issues and on couple’s therapy have been celebrated in venues from the “Good Morning America”, “The Today Show” and “20/20”, to “Oprah” and The New York Times.
A proponent of “full-throttle marriage,” as described in The New Rules of Marriage, Terry has been called “the most innovative voice in thinking about and treating men and their relationships in the world today.”
The New York Times Book Review described Terry’s work as: “A critical contribution to feminist psychology (that) brings the Men’s movement a significant step forward.” Robert Bly hailed it as “moving onto new ground in both story and song. Exhilarating in its honesty.”
Terry’s Relational Life Institute grew out of his extensive and empathic experience. He teaches people how to make their relationships work by providing products and services designed to teach the principles of Relational Life™, so that everyone can enjoy full respect living and craft a healthy life legacy.
Financial: Founder: Terrence Real is the founder of Relational Life Institute. He receives royalties as a published author. Terrence Real receives a speaking honorarium, recording, and book royalties from Psychotherapy Networker and PESI, Inc. He has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations.
Non-financial: Terrence Real has no relevant non-financial disclosures.
More courses from the same author: Terry RealShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses