The use of medications to improve mental health is not only controversial, it’s confusing. As a clinician, not only do you need to be on top of the latest developments, but you also have to take that information and use it effectively with your client.
And to make matters worse, psychopharmacology trainings are often complicated and hard to sit through.
It’s time for a change…
Join expert Tom Smith, P.D., FASCP, LMHC, NCP, BCCP, in this one of a kind online course to get the most up-to-date psychotropic medication information in an engaging style that keeps you focused. Together, you’ll walk step-by-step through the latest medication trends for depression, bipolar, anxiety, schizophrenia, ADHD, and Alzheimer’s disease.
In three captivating modules, you will gain the tools and strategies you need to:
- Improve clients’ understanding of their mental illness and how medication aids recovery
- Select appropriate medications for each disorder and age group
- Improve client adherence to medications
- Help clients manage unpleasant side effects
- And so much more!
Here’s what you’ll learn in this engrossing training…
Psychiatric medications are only effective when they are used correctly. Join Tom Smith, P.D., FASCP, LMHC, NCP, BCCP, for three step-by-step modules where you’ll discover how medications can help manage depression, bipolar, anxiety, schizophrenia, ADHD, and Alzheimer’s disease, as well as what your clients can expect with each medication and how you can increase your client’s compliance.
Begin your journey with psychopharmacology through a foundational understanding of the science behind the clinical issues you see every day in your practice.
Module 1 uncovers:
- How psychopharmacology was “born”
- An enzymes purpose and why this is so important to psychopharmacology
- How the body makes serotonin
- When and why to give amphetamines
- Dopamine’s importance and what symptoms occur when the levels are unstable
- How the body uses homeostatic mechanisms to keep neurotransmitters in balance
- The theory of agonism and antagonism
- The DSM-5 and medications
In Module 2, you’ll begin to look at when you should use certain medications and how these medications are thought to work. With a better understanding of this process you will be able to explain to your clients WHY they are (or should be) taking certain medications. Included in this module, is a printable tool you can use to right away to improve your client compliance with medications.
Module 2 highlights:
- What it means when a drug is “new on the market”
- Strategies for when your client is taking their prescription incorrectly
- How antidepressants are thought to work
- Why we use cyclics and what side effects may be present
In the final module, you’ll discover more about how certain medications are thought to work and how you can use them to achieve the best outcomes for your clients. You’ll then learn what’s new, old, what is coming to market, and why you need to keep these things in mind for your clients.
In module 3 you will go over:
- How SSRIs are tolerated and common side effects
- Common antidepressants and why they are used
- Treatment strategies for “treatment resistant depression”
- Medicating Bipolar disorder with antianxiety agents, antidepressant medications, and antipsychotic drugs
- What you need to know about mood stabilizers
- ADHD medications — what’s new, old, stimulants vs non-stimulants and more
- Drug treatments for Alzheimer’s disease
More courses from the same author: Tom SmithShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses